Since 2014 the Karima Foundation have been working to deliver regular archery sessions from the Castlefield Community Centre.
The foundation have two qualified level one coaches who have taken over 50 people through beginners courses. The coaches have worked to develop and deliver a six week long programme of activity that allows participants.
- to gain a deep understanding of the various health and safety aspects required to pick up a bow
- a run through of all the components of a recurve bow
- Practise and coaching on the shot sequence
- An opportunity to view a demonstration on how the traditional horsebow is different from the modern recurve bow
- An insight into the spiritual merits of this prophetic sport.
The Wycombe team have been involved in regular competitions against archers from the local area including Slough and Luton. They have been champions two years running in the mens team category at a competition held at Willowbrook Farm, with archers also coming first and second in the individual men's barebow recurve competition. This is indeed a great achievement as our archers compete against over 50 people from across the country, as well as the elements.